History of First Commercial Bank
First Commercial Bank was founded and opened for business on November 1, 1920, with W.P. Anderson serving as its first President. First Commercial Bank has been in continuous operation for the past 93 years; surviving the Great Depression and even staying open during President Roosevelt's Bank Holiday in March of 1933.
In 1985, First Commercial Bank was purchased by the current owners, and Norman B. Harty was elected as the President of the Bank. Since 1985, First Commercial Bank has grown from a $6,000,000 Bank, with its sole location in Gideon, to a Bank with over $200,000,000 in assets and 9 branch locations.
Currently, First Commercial Bank proudly serves the communities of Gideon, Dexter, Morehouse, Essex, Bloomfield, Advance, Chaffee, Morley and Benton.